- Hair Extensions Aftercare
Hair Extensions Aftercare
Need some inspiration?
Get a free sample.Order
Trouble matching your colour?
We can help!Send us a Photo
Viola Hair Extensions comes with 190 days Quality Guaranteed, the longest in the UK! It has been proven that if you follow the aftercare, have regular maintenance and along with Viola specially formulated aftercare products, our hair will last even longer than 190 days! 360 days or even more!
For your extensions to last looking and feeling strong please be faithful to the aftercare advice.
To keep your hair extensions healthy and looking luxurious use Viola Hair Extension Shampoo and Conditioner, our products have been specially formulated to coat, seal, help restore and add shine.
- To ensure that the extensions do not become matted, detangle your hair before washing.
- In order to reduce pulling and tangles, keep head upright when washing, do not rub or twist your hair instead massage the scalp gently with your fingertips.
- Avoid putting conditioner onto the bonds as it can cause the beads or glue to slip out of the hair.
- When you have finished washing, gently squeeze out the excess water and pat the hair dry, do not wrap your hair up in a towel, as this will cause hair to become matted.
For your extensions to maintain their excellent condition make sure you use the correct hair extension brush. Either a bristle or detangle brush, alongside the right technique as these will reduce the pressure on the bonds and the roots.
- Hair will become damaged when brushed whilst it is still wet.
- Once the hair is completely dry, brush starting from the ends and work your way up towards the roots, all the time supporting the hair by holding the bonds.
- Viola offers a range of hair brushes that are specially designed not to catch and pull on the hair extensions.
The hair extensions can be straightened, curled, blow dried etc, bear in mind that frequent exposure to heat will have an impact on the lifespan of the hair extensions as it would on your own hair.
To avoid damaging the bonds be sure that they do not come into direct contact with any of the above as it will cause the bonds to melt and become fragile.
Protect your hair against heat by using either Viola Shake & Protect or Viola Thermal Protection Serum, both provide the hair with a protective coat against the damaging effects.
To maintain extensions glossy sheen, Viola Extension Boost, Viola Hair Food and Viola Argan Oil used regularly will replenish the essential oils and vitamins, that are naturally lost over time.
Any processes such as bleaching, dying etc, will shorten the lifespan of your hair extensions. If you do choose to, be sure that it is carried out by a professional, as the outcome may vary due to the processes that the extensions have already undergone. Altering the extensions by any of the above will cause the guarantee to become invalid.
Whilst sleeping you toss, turn and rub your head against the pillow, this causes your hair to become tangled and matted.
Therefore, it is particularly important that before going to bed be sure that the hair is;
- Completely dry as wet hair will become matted.
- Brushed and braided into one plait.
Extra care must be taken when hair extensions come into contact with Chlorine, salt water, UV and heat as they can cause light hair to change in colour as well as leaving extensions feeling dry and brittle.
To keep your hair feeling and looking velvety soft during the summer be sure to;
- Protect your hair from harmful UV rays always cover hair when exposed to direct sunlight.
- Sun cream/ oils must not come into contact with your hair extensions as it can turn the hair pink/orange tones. Always wear hair up in a bun so that the hair does not touch any area of the skin where cream has been applied.
- Chlorine and salt water can cause the hair to turn green. To avoid hair from getting wet, before swimming wear your hair up out of the water in a bun. If your hair does get wet, wash immediately with Viola Extensions Shampoo and Conditioner as it is incredibly difficult to reverse the changes.
- Viola Conditioning Boost adds minerals that are vital for keeping the extensions and your own hair healthy and glossy.
If you do notice that your hair is showing signs of discolouration you can use a small amount of Viola Purple Shampoo as the pigment may counteract the brassy tones. Recommend that you test before applying to the whole head.
Your extensions will stay in excellent condition with regular maintenance, alongside careful attention and the correct care.
Maintenance is required between 4 to 12 weeks (depending on the type of extensions) this is to avoid damaging your own hair and to check that all is going well and nothing needs to be corrected.
Our Hair Extensions comes with 190 days Quality Guarantee, this is as long as the above aftercare is followed and the extensions are fitted by a qualified Extensionist.
Please keep hold of this information, in case of a claim you will need to provide this to your Extensionist.
It is essential to follow the advice as the warranty will become invalid if it is not.